Windows Camera is the redesigned Camera app that is faster and simpler than ever before. It replaced all Lumia Camera versions in Windows 10 Mobile. You can just point and shoot to take great pictures automatically. The same great camera experience is available across Windows 10 PCs, tablets, and phones.
Microsoft released it’s official Windows 10 Mobile update to the public. Now, Microsoft is fine tuning all the great default apps. Microsoft also updates it’s store description with new features that come with Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10.
On any PC, tablet or phone:
- Automatically back up your pictures so you can get to them on all your devices via OneDrive.
- Jump into the picture by using the self-timer.
- Compose the perfect shot using the framing grid.
- Set the camera to capture either a rapid burst of shots or a video when you press and hold the on-screen shutter button.
- For pro controls, drag the shutter button toward the center and adjust the dials for brightness and more.
On select phones and tablets:
- Transform your static photos into living images that move, then play them back in the Photos app on any Windows 10 device. *(4,5,6)
- Shoot smoother videos, even if your hands shake, using digital video stabilization. *(2, 3, 4)
- Instantly launch the camera even when the phone is locked, by holding down the phone’s hardware camera button. *1
- Rich capture automatically snaps HDR (High Dynamic Range)*(2,3) and Dynamic Flash images, so you can shoot first and adjust lighting and other settings later. *(4,5,6)
- Motion blur is automatically reduced, for sharper, more detailed photos. *6
- Record stunningly smooth slow-motion videos at 120fps at 720p resolution. *(5,6)
- With 4K video recording, save high-quality photos from your videos. *(5,6)
- Digital negative files (DNG or raw files) preserve every detail, so advanced photographers can fine-tune their images with advanced editing software. *(4,5,6)
Here’s the legends,
*1 Requires hardware camera button
*2 Available on HTC One M8
*3 Available on Lumia 63X Series
*4 Available on Lumia 640, 640XL, 830
*5 Available on Lumia Icon, 930, 1520
*6 Available on Lumia 950 and 950XL
- Living images add motion to still photos*
- Rich capture (HDR and Dynamic Flash) let you shoot now, adjust later*
- Slow motion video with adjustable speed after shooting*
- Video stabilization for super smooth videos, automatically*
- 4K video capture lets you save still images from video*
- Burst mode takes photos in rapid succession when you hold down the shutter button
- Latest imaging algorithms for super sharp images even with low light and motion
- Pro controls to adjust exposure, ISO, and more
- Framing grids
- Lenses for using other picture-taking apps
- Digital negatives (DNG or raw files) you can use with advanced editing software*
- Please send us your feedback and feature ideas via the Windows Feedback app > Apps and games > Camera
* Available only on select devices
What’s new ???
No change logs found. Might be bug fixes.