Along with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16193 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring today Microsoft is also releasing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15213 to Insiders in the Fast ring.
As expected Build number doesn’t match with that of PC yet. So, there’ll be no new features. Do you think Microsoft will bring Fall Creators Update to Mobile? If, yes. Who is going to use rather than die hard fans like us? But, Microsoft never cares about Windows 10 on Mobile.
Changes, improvements, and fixes:
- We fixed an issue where the Battery Settings page caused the device to become unresponsive and appear to have hung.
- We fixed a general issue where certain background tasks were being incorrectly starved under resource contention. This issue would impact music and video playback.
- Under low memory conditions, additional app launches will cause the OS to run out-of-memory and the device will restart unexpectedly to recover. This fix detects the condition and blocks app launches until memory is freed up.
- We fixed an issue with Microsoft Edge which prevented the phone from entering Connected Standby which caused battery drain.
- We fixed an issue where the word auto-correction service would crash.
- We fixed 2 issues causing the device screen to stay off when unplugging from the Continuum dock after screen has timed out normally requiring the device to be rebooted to recover.
- We fixed an issue with the Notifications Settings page which made the UI appear unresponsive.
- We fixed an Enterprise MDM issue where the policy could hide all pages except the Work Access page.
Known issues !!!
- The copyright date is incorrect under Settings > System > About. It shows as 2016 when it should be 2017. Thanks to the Windows Insiders that reported this!
- In some cases, the WeChat app may crash on launch.
Changing text from 2016 to 2017 is that hard ??? I’m seeing this issue for the 3rd time !!! Microsoft, are you really working on Windows 10 Mobile ???